GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN FINANCIAL PORTFOLIO ENGINEERING - AT A GLANCE
Financial Portfolio Engineering is the application of quantitative analysis to financial instruments and risk management challenges. Financial Portfolio engineers are trained with the skills to use modeling tools from finance, applied mathematics, computer science, statistics and economic theories to stress test the financial products. Investment banks, hedge funds, insurance companies, corporate risk managers and regulatory agencies apply the methods of financial engineering to such problems as derivative securities valuation, risk management, strategic planning and dynamic investment strategies.
No prior knowledge of mathematical finance is assumed as the program offers a thorough grounding in the fundamental ideas and methods of modern mathematical finance, including practical applications in financial engineering.
The Aventis Graduate Diploma in Financial Portfolio Engineering is designed specifically for professionals and senior executives seeking a thorough knowledge of financial engineering techniques. The program will provide a strong foundation for candidates seeking to understand the interdisciplinary approach toward the study of financial engineering and the securitization of financial assets across global markets. Applying quantitative analysis tools with economic data to develop and manage innovative financial products.
Upon completion of the program, graduate will be
- Exposed to dynamic investment strategies and complex structured products for equities, fixed incomes and other financial markets
- Developed a thorough grounding in the fundamental ideas and methods of modern mathematical finance, including practical applications in financial engineering.
- Be able to use applied mathematics to solve financial modeling challenges
- understand the fundamental probability theory of mathematical finance
- Using financial engineering to develop innovative financial products and instruments.
The program is designed to prepare professionals seeking career opportunities in commercial banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, brokerage firms, and rating agencies and the analyses of assets securitizations and financial products. Graduates of this program are well equipped for careers in risk management, treasury management, investment banking, international trading, quantitative asset management, arbitrage, and financial research/forecasting.
This is a 8 months part-time program comprising of 5 modules. This program are tailored for working professionals and classes are conducted on weekdays evening from 7.00pm to 10.00pm or over weekends. Each module is supported with 24 contact hours of face to face lectures which are conducted by our experienced faculty.
- Investment Analysis & Valuation
- Stochastic Calculus in Finance
- Applied Financial Mathematics
- Interest Rate Models and Derivatives
- Fixed Income Instruments & Markets
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
The Graduate Diploma in Financial Portfolio Engineering program is awarded by Aventis School of Management. Successful graduates will be allowed to use the designatory letters "Grad Dip FPEng" after their name upon completion of the program.
You are also eligible to apply for professional certification and designation of a "Registered Financial Specialist" awarded by AAFM, the world's largest financial professionals associations with membership across 141 countries worldwide. Registration fees for AAFM Professional membership and RFS certification of S$1,000 payable to "Financial Training Academy Pte Ltd" apply.
Thank you for recommending the Portfolio Investment Strategy course - I thoroughly enjoyed taking all four courses and was surprised at how much I was able to learned in such a short time. I've gone from a complete finance novice to somebody analysing a company's stock potential in less than a year. I will certainly recommend this to any working professional who seek to equip themselves with real world knowledge of current financial climate.
All applicants must possess:
- A degree or similar professional qualifications from a recognized university/institution, OR
- A diploma from a polytechnic with at least 3 years of working experience
- Senior executives with extensive experience but without academic qualification may be considered on a case to case basis
Interested applicants are required to submit the following:
- Duly-completed application form (download Form)
- Certified true copies of all education certificates and transcripts
- Your detailed Profile – Curriculum vitae
- Statement of Personal & Career Objectives
- Application processing fee of S$107 (non-refundable)
- Participants may enrol and attend any of the modules for the acquisition of knowledge in a particular discipline. An executive certificate will be awarded for students that have fulfilled at least 80% attendance for that enrolled module.
- For participants that have enrolled and attended any of the modules for the acquisition of knowledge in a particular discipline, they will be issued with an executive certificate if they fulfil at least 80% attendance.
FIND OUT MORE
Download our prospectus for more information